I’ve just finished writing the curriculum for my upcoming creative writing workshop and I’m so freakin’ excited. It will be each week for 10 weeks starting in October. Our focus will be on short story, but first chapters of longer works will also be accepted.
In this in-depth 10-week course, you’ll…
– Become an expert at writing a compelling plot for your story
– Create rich, developed characters, backstory, and dialogue
– Master the art of description, details, and showing; not telling
– Learn to develop and trust your own writing style, voice, and narrator
– Workshop each other’s work
– Receive verbal and written feedback from myself and your classmates on your story
– End up with a polished and reviewed complete short story or first chapter of a longer work
– Receive resources and support on publication
– Read & learn from some of the best short stories from the past 100 years
– Get to spend 2.5 hours a week learning & writing in a cozy home downtown, sipping tea and eating chocolate, with badass people
If this sounds like something you’re interested in – please let me know! I’ll only be registering up to 8 people.